Although living in a small city apartment with two small balconies, I try to grow plants, especially, edible ones. I base myself on the wisdom shared by more experienced urban farmers and gardeners, as well as by trying out my own ideas, and learning from my mistakes. Due to my day-job, I can devote only limited time and resources to my gardening, I favour growing methods that are both low-tech, low-maintenance, and ideally low cost.
- Brief evaluation of this year’s tomato Kratky experiment
- Kratky method update: tomatoes have survived their first disease (at least for now)
- Keeping it simple: Salad grown using non-circulation hydroponics (aka the Kratky method)
- Avocados are easy to grow from seed using this simple method. Just arm yourself with lots of patience.
- Hydroponic Tomatoes grown using the Kratky Method in a plastic balcony container
urbanfarmer on Hydroponic Tomatoes grown usin… urbanfarmer on Brief evaluation of this year… Anja on Brief evaluation of this year… Bill Dempsey on Hydroponic Tomatoes grown usin… functionalfitnessfre… on Brief evaluation of this year…